View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
stilettoman
EcoModding Lurker

The Stiletto now has about 2500 miles. The complexity of the electrics on the Kawasaki Voyager donor bike was mind boggling. We threw away a pneumatic adjustable suspension, very elaborate stereo, trip computer, even a remote compass! The odometer resets itself every two or three times I drive it, so I really don't know how far or what the fuel mileage is. I am estimating about 35-38 mpg, but with 100 bhp/litre, designed in 1983, the cams and other parts are not going to give really high fuel mileage. Some guys with the bike claim about 42-45 highway mileage, and I should be able to match that. I plan to install a wideband O2 sensor and adjustable fuel regulator, and try lowering the fuel pressure a bit. Nothing on the existing injection is adjustable.

The overall driveability is excellent, and the pushrod front suspension gives a very good compromise of handling and smooth ride. It has a rising rate, and uses Suzuki sport bike coilovers front and rear. Weight is 1100 pounds with full fuel (7.5 gallons)