View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alaphlosiam
Hypermiling newbie

Charis - '05 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 43.29 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Alaphlosiam Send a message via MSN to Alaphlosiam
Efficient car for under $3k?

So I drive a 2005 HCH-I now, but it's technically my dad's car -- he bought it and lets me use it as my own car so I don't have to worry about paying off a car on my own and can focus on my studies. Yes, I'm a very babied child. Anyway.

I was talking to my dad about making some aero mods, mainly an antenna delete and rear wheel skirts. He's not keen on me lowering the value of his car, so he said no, but he'd be willing to get me a cheap POS car for $3k or under that I'd have to maintain, pay for, etc., but I could also mod it however I liked 'cause he wouldn't care.

So, I figure I should stick with Honda and just get a '90s Civic... but apparently with gasoline being E15 now, any cars older than 2001 start developing problems if they use newer gas. So, while I want a '96 Civic, my dad's not too keen on letting me have that.

With that in mind, what Hondas would be good? I'm open to all suggestions. Also keep in mind, $3-4k price limit...

Also, if you have better suggestions that aren't Hondas, I'll take them. As a personal preference, though, I'm not too keen on American cars.

If this thread belongs somewhere else, please let me know for future reference!