View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
What a frekin headache !

I still don't get how that the slightest bit of humidity can kill a car when no moisture gets into the car at all.

( And if there is a problem...why does it only happen when its humid ??? )

Thanks for all the help.
Oxidation in a connection is caused by moisture. As the connection gets worse failure will occur when the moisture content is at it's highest. The oxidation works like a sponge absorbing moisture which makes the resistance higher since pure water is an insulator.

While it is a headache, once you get the process down pat, you will never be in a position of allowing a similar issue to cause nearly the same amount of frustration. I have had some real nightmares, and it included a car my friend had rebuilt (collision damage) that would not start cold. After two dealerships wasted hundreds of dollars with throwing parts at the car in hopes of fixing it, he was going to junk it for parts, after selling it for $5000 and taking it back and refunding the customers money. He had a junked car out back that had the part needed to fix it sitting there. It just took me 14 hours to figure out which part it was, and 5 minutes to replace it.

regards
Mech