View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
[QUOTE=Old Mechanic;272987]"Circuit tripped" means you have made a connection that works without the relay in the circuit and the fuel pump works?

Maybe i used the wrong wording. I place a jumper wire in the #5 and #7 terminals as shown in the Chilton guide. I hear the fuel pump stay on constantly but the car still will not start ( and there is spark, though weak ).

That can cure the problem temporarily but remember the fuel pump will run continuously, even with the key out of the ignition switch.

That's odd. I have to have the car turned to ACC to hear the pump stay on.

Don.t leave it that way or it will kill your battery, but it should make the car drivable.

As stated above, the car still will not start as odd as that is.

I have seen one Mercedes with 4 ignition switches replaced. The woman owned 100 vending machines and kept all of the keys hanging from the ignition switch. Once she separated all the vending machine keys from the key she used to start the car her problems ended.

I have since stopped using the wad of keys. ( around six months ago actually ) There is play in the switch, but not that much. Nothing that i would think of as 'loose'.

regards
Mech