View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
freakshoww
EcoModding Lurker

noname - '92 Honda Civic VX
Yet another poor MPG Civic VX thread..

Hi All,
I just got a VX a few weeks ago, it runs wonderfully, but definitely needs some help to get proper VX milage. I thought I would use this thread to log my progress as well as seek advice, if you all aren't sick of VX threads yet

The car is a Canadian (5-Wire) VX. It has 108K Miles, very minor rust, and only one modification from the previous owner, a magnaflow muffler. The tires are non-LRR, 175/70/13s. It has a passenger side mirror, but no AC or mud flaps.

I'm still new to eco-modding, but I'm trying to drive as efficiently as possible. I use DFCO all the time with gradual acceleration and rarely go much over the speed limit.

I'm getting 36.7mpg, but I figure it's because my drive is 4km long and i've only been using her in the winter time.

I should note that the second tank, my friend borrowed the car to teach his wife how to drive manual. Either way, there are no excuses for the first tank.

I have no CEL, but I'm still suspecting the O2 sensor, but want to confirm it before I shell out 2-300 bucks.

Still to check:
- replace axleback with stock
- check timing

Already checked:
- check tire pressure - 33PSI on 35PSI tires. Upped them to 37PSI
- check spark plugs for proper NGKs - ZFR5F-11 in use instead of ZFR4F-11
- check grounding wires - not frayed, seem to be relatively good condition
- Drive with O2 unplugged Made MPG worse..
- check rear wheels for alignment/sticking Seem to rotate fine
- Clean EGR cleaned
- lower idle screw adjusted
- check tailpipe for oil. none

Last edited by freakshoww; 02-01-2012 at 12:51 PM..