View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
shewolfnm
wanna-be car geek

just sayin howdy

I have trolled this site for a very long time.

I am getting a new ( to me ) pt cruiser and the gas mileage freaks me out. But, due to circumstances it is the easiest to acquire .

I have an 03 corolla that, right out of the box.. even til now gets me about 42mpg . Minimal done to it. Removed exterior mirrors, different tires, adjusted the wipers to set farther below the hood.. pretty much low hanging fruit. Overall those little things probably did next to nothing.. BUT.. project in the works is covering the front intake.

My other vehicle is an 89 dakota. Discontinued little powerhouse of a truck, bought to only haul stuff, but for fun Im going to dig it apart and do a few things with it too..

But my main concern is what is going to be my daily driver the PT. First of all I have to hope I dont have to replace a tranny every 60k miles, or have one of the plethora of other problems fall into my lap too soon.. ! gah. But I need to tone down the 25 estimated mpg on that thing. I just cant stomach that.

Found racing discs, even found rear wheel skirts ( under 350 a set! ).. next.. ? I dont know.

anway
Howdy yall.