View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Dave View Post
I filled up this morning. Same station, different attendant. I asked this one if their diesel was winterized. She smiled and said, "Honestly I have no idea!"

At this point I gotta think everybody has switched over. I'm trying to find out exactly when they introduce it, but no luck yet. I'm not positive whether ther could be station-to-station variation or if everybody's the same.
Wouldn't you know I ran across a chart showing the calendar for the US for the changeover in the past few days . . and have since been unable to remember where. Only thing close was a quote of a quote by BP saying that blend becomes more "winterized" from September up north to later starting dates south, and maximizes in Jan/Feb, then tapering into May (sooner, farther south). Might as well concede that "summer" -- Memorial Day into Labor Day -- is one assured of non-blended fuel, overall.

Would be nice to see that calendar again, and to use an E-W Interstate as divider between N-S to get the "blend times" down to a fixed, short period.

Last edited by slowmover; 12-08-2011 at 12:22 PM..