View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
joejoe317
EcoModding Lurker

Greenie - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 45.72 mpg (US)
I guess we would need to just break it down to something simple.

were you breaking the law?
YES

Did you actually stop on the road?
No

Did he write you the correct ticket?
I'm not sure. It doesn't make sense you will get a ticket for stopping in the middle of the road when the "ticket" says 28.

Also you stated that there was no traffic. The way you explained what he said was.... at least to me... There was mad traffic dodging and weaving around you consistently..

Cops and law enforcement always try and catch people by inconsistencies. I don't see why you can't do the same for your defense.

Also, state just like you stated. I am a very big enthusiast on "aerodynamics" and how it plays on "gas mileage." I would show them that you are serious by showing your work and or mods. This may not fly, but I really don't see what other options you may have.

My special friend is a court clerk, so I hear peoples stories a lot. I will ask her later for any tips etc...

Did you know that there are so many laws that not even the law enforcement themselves knows this.

Live and learn, In my job line I am always more lenient towards people who admit they messed up, and then structure what they will do in the future to make sure it never happens again.

The same goes with a tail light. If you get a ticket for a broken one, and you fix it before court, the judge usually tosses the ticket (haven't heard of one where this hasn't happened.)

In your case, technically nothing is broken, Other peoples concepts of stretching your mpg may be . What is "broken" in your case is that you didn't know that the "MINIMUM" speed... (not posted anywhere btw)...

How are you going to fix this?
By not going under the minimum speed.

Always back up with you have to say with reason, or else it turns into I said/he said.... COPS ALWAYS WIN THOSE!

XXXXX

On a side note.... $108!!!!

There are 2 ways of thinking of this....

Most tickets are way more....

Or...

Imagine how much more aerodynamic my car can be for $108!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by joejoe317; 12-08-2011 at 03:04 PM..