View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
28 in a 60 mph zone is breaking the law
What law? If it's illegal I'll admit it, but I don't think it's a law. This wasn't the interstate remember, this was a highway out in the country. I've searched and can't find anything on unposted minimum speed limits on non-interstates/freeways.

I did find this:

Quote:
IC 9-21-5-8
Minimum speed limits

Sec. 8. Whenever the Indiana department of transportation within the department's jurisdiction or a local authority within the authority's jurisdiction determines, based on an engineering and traffic investigation, that slow speeds on a part of a highway consistently impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, the Indiana department of transportation or local authority may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which a person may not drive a vehicle except when necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law. A limit determined under this subsection and declared by appropriate resolution, regulation, or ordinance becomes effective when appropriate sign or signals giving notice of the limit of speed are erected along the affected part of a highway.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.
It says that it becomes effective, "when appropriate sign or signals giving notice of the limit of speed are erected". I read that as, "no sign, no minimum limit"

And furthermore, he said the minimum speed limit was 45mph in that 60mph zone. If that's the case how am I supposed to know what the minimum speed limit is on other roads in other speed limits. If you can be ticketed for going to slow, even if it's safe, you need to know what the limit is, right?

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html