View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I live in Indiana and I don’t think they sell much in the way of winter blend here. I’ve had tanks gel up (“cloud” is the ASTM term) at 7 below here. Maybe at big truck stops up along the Indiana Toll road that serve trucks that may go farther north, but few other places here.

Most stations that sell real winter blend are quite proud of it (it sells at a considerable premium) so if you have to ask, it probably isn’t winter blend.
I know there's a station just up the street (Walmart actually) from where I usually buy, that's got a sticker on thier pump that says their diesel is winterized up to -20 F. They charge pretty much the same thing as my station. Both sations are often among the cheapest in the state. I buy mine at the Kroger because I get discount points off one fillup a month--which is all I usually need. I just filled up this morning at got $0.60 a gallon off--gotta love buying 35 gallons of diesel at $3.099!

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html