View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
SentraSE-R
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Dave View Post
Now that I've thought about it some more the written warning may actually help me ( the one for low speed vehicle. The officer verbally told me I was in violation of the minimum speed law. At this point, I don't know that law to exist. He then gave me a written warning for operating a low speed vehicle on a road with a >35 mph speed limit. I don't have a low speed vehicle, hence, I obviously didn't commit the infraction he gave me a written warning for--nor could I have.
Irrelevant. You're charged with impeding traffic, not with driving a low speed vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Dave View Post
So I can point out:
1) The officer verbally told me I was in violation of a law that did not exist.
2) The officer issued me a warning for an infraction I did not commit, and was incapable of committing.
Irrelevant. You're charged with impeding traffic, not with driving a low speed vehicle.

Bottom line. Were you or weren't you going 10 mph in a 60 mph zone? Once that's established from the officer's testimony and yours, you've got maybe a 1 in 1000 chance of convincing a judge that driving at 10 mph (or 28 mph) on a 60 mph road in the dark, with dry roads and no hazards is a safe thing to do.

With attorney's fees at ~$175/hour, hiring an attorney to fight the what, $105? fine doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg
The Following User Says Thank You to SentraSE-R For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (12-08-2011)