View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Dave View Post
As far as how many cars passed me I don't know the exact number. I don't usually count. Plus, I don't see how it's all that relevant how many, as long as they could all pass easily in the open left lane. Remember, we got two lanes in each direction. If there were so many cars that both lanes were blocked behind me that would be one thing. I keep my speed up closer to the speed limit when that situation does happen.

As far as cops looking for something odd or different, I completely agree. They're trained to do that and SHOULD do that. I have no problem whatsoever with the officer pulling me over for suspicion.
The relevants of the time of day, location, traffic count is that if you want the judge to agree with you that the movement was safe he/she will need some evidence to judge which statement is more credable, yours or the peace officers. In the abcents of evidence it's a coin toss. contact the highway department they ususaly have that type of info. I think you have a very good chance of being found not guilty. just keep this in mind when making your desision about going to trial; " ...evidence and argument on the evidence...". told to me by a lawer. this statement has helped me over the years to undersrand the legal system.