View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #48 (permalink)
Shepherd777
Grand Imperial Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
Future Truck would still benefit from a Kamm-Backed rear end, vs. the Bubble Butt it has now.

Shepheard, I don't suppose you have a "modification by modification" breakdown with improvement values for each, would you? Also, do you happen to have a copy (digital preferred, pictures fine, for sharing's sake) of those articles would you? Thanks!
Hi Wyatt -

Thanks for the kind words regarding following through.

Actually, what you are calling the "Bubble Butt" was the most aerodynamically clean boat-tail that our SolidWorks FloWorks CFD program has ever produced on a 53' dry van freight trailer.

I do have press releases, build pics, and a web site on the 1983 truck and the current SuperTruck being built. The SuperTruck is not finished yet, but we hope it will be ready for testing next month. So I'll probably start a seperate thread on the project in this aero forum of EcoModder, even though we use, like most folks here, more than just aero to get optimum fuel mileage. I just wanted to wait a little before revealing more details. If I get too involved and spend too much time in posting and replying to questions, I'll never get the damn truck finished.

Last edited by Shepherd777; 12-11-2011 at 08:59 AM..