View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
jkv357
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Isn't more turns out richer? I cleaned the carbs for the zg1000, but took me a acouple tries to get it right. Check out the concours group website lots of tips that mayl apply to the zx6d. Lowering fuel level below the carb bowl/body separation about 1-2 mmm, adjusting without pulling them would be impossible so I wouldnt bother unless pulling them to clean them. If you are needing to plan on buying new boots for both sides of the carbs.

Since your already getting 55mpg, I think you are almost as good as they you can get. You maybe able to get more by accerating under heavier load, but still shift quick and keep rpm's down, possible skipping ever other gear.
On some carbs it is. Depending on where the idle mixture screw is positioned, it may be an air-bleed and not a real adjustment of fuel flow. With an air-bleed adjustment, turning the screw out opens the air passage and leans the mixture.

All of the cycle carbs I have worked with (mostly dirt bikes) have been air bleeds, but that's not always the case.

55 MPG from that cycle is doing really well! My '06 SV650 (F.I.) has a reputation for getting decent mileage, and I'm getting 53-55 MPG on the hwy at 70+. Best I've done with it has been 58 MPG during some light backroad riding.

Jay