View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
winkosmosis
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Loose surfaces...meaning...wet roads, icy roads, gravel roads, dirt roads, Dusty Rhodes etc? Glad we could all finally agree on that point I will continue to use my 4wd on icy slick roads, its proven itself safer and if it stresses the drivetrain...so be it, better than endin up in a ditch or worse. Hell, even off road your not ALWAYS on loose surfaces and to tell the truth, I, as will be the case with most people, am alot harder on my truck off the road in 4wd that I am on an icy, slick, "loose" surface street.

Sorry to be a part of the major HiJack in progress, if this thread is ever meant to get back on track I will try to start by sayin, I happened to be at the hardware store and thought about this thread and a couple others so I grabbed up some edging for myself, hope to have some good weather this weekend to mess with it some!

Matt
Wet roads aren't a loose surface. Ice would be less hard on the drivetrain because it's slippery.... but the reason that helps is because it allows the tires to slip to relieve the speed difference. You're forcing your tires to break loose from the ice and claiming it makes you safer.

Last edited by winkosmosis; 12-13-2011 at 12:43 PM..