View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
dkinsell
Dank

Tom - '14 Subaru Forester Touring
90 day: 29.32 mpg (US)
2003 Chevy Cavalier build thread

My 1st try at this crazy game...

First picture is side mirror delete. I had a role of black tape in my hand so that is what I used. I also bought some metal hub caps with chrome finish from thehotrodgirl.com for $70.

The second picture showcases my skills with black tape. Right now with average air temp around 30F in Iowa, I did a 100% grill block on upper and lower. The upper actually has the hood taped down. So if I need to pop the hood I have to cut the tape. I did this right after I changed by oil so I shouldn't have to cut if for a while. The lower block covers recessed holes for fog lights. I used 2" black tape and did a 50% overlap to make it more rigid.

When the air temp warms up, I can use a box cutter to cut whatever size opening I think I will need in the grill tape. The engine temp holds steady now with no increase since taping off. The tape has help us surprisingly well in snow, rain, wind and general cold temperatures.

I am working now on rear wheel skirts. I will be using 1/8" PTFE with industrial strength velcro to attach to wheel well. We'll see how that goes...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car wheel and mirror.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	9904   Click image for larger version

Name:	car front.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	9905