View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMileQC View Post
Good job! Very clean. Don't you worry about the big engine temp? it must be pretty hot down there. Be sure to verify frequently your engine temp, also, if you plan to make a Belly pan, the temp will get even hotter, so watch out, you don't want to make start your fan too often.
Not too much. This thing's pretty cold-blooded. I ran with my upper cardboard grille block in the middle of the summer with temps in the high 90's and never had my fan kick on. When it got colder I blocked off the whole radiator (sheet of thermo-ply between the intercooler and the radiator). Then one day it the temps went back up in the 70's and I had to go make a trip out on the interstate at 65 mph. After 20-30 minutes or so I could hear my fan cycling on occasionally. I actually didn't know what it was at first because I'd never heard it before!

This truck was made with a cooling system capable of hauling a muti-ton payload in 100+ deg heat. When it's just hauling my fat butt around, it runs pretty cool.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html