View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I haven't come across anyone who knows much about the finer details of the controls for the crx hf but if you look at the parts list http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...artsSearch.jsp and compare the dx and the hf you should get a clue as to what can be reused and what can not.
The hf of course has an engine that is tuned to cruse at a much slower speed, around 1,500rpm so the carburetor is not going to work from the dx, they are both lean burn engines but I'm not sure how the ecu differs or even how much it does other then working with the o2 sensor.
The first generation crx hf saved weight by not having sway bars, by having aluminum instead of steel air intake and filter box, half size radiator, light weight steel narrow steel wheels, no frills like passenger side mirror, clock, rear wiper, mud flaps, then they added a front air dam lip below the bumper.

If you are interested in the carburetor, intake and controls from a 1986 CRX HF let me know as I have them and have sold the car that they were spare parts for.