Thread: Moody Diesel
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
sidebar78
sidebar78

Send a message via Yahoo to sidebar78
Thanks for posting, your grandfather,Ralph Moody and thier team were patriots.I don't believe they were interested in mass producing automobiles.the Arab oil crises held this country by the throat.Ralph being a WWII vet felt strongly about that.he wanted to show them that American ingunuity could step up.but the big auto companys felt threatened they didn't want to invest in an unprovened product,and when the enbargo was over they felt they would be stuck with a car nobody wanted.so they leaned on congress.didn't pass emmissions tests my eye! a vehical getting that kind of milage is burning most of it's fuel and running clean.the auto companys and congress should of of jumped on the band wagon.Haralded the Moody mobile and pressured the Arabs to lift the embargo.maybe it did,the Arabs did lift the embargo shortly after the introduction of the Moodymobile.if thats the case it did it's job,but Ralph your grandfather and the team should of gotton the credit from a gratefull nation,instead they got the shaft.as for me I salute them,god bless them and I totally get what they tried to do