View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
somedude88
EcoModding Lurker

Alternator charge switch on 1991 Honda civic SI

I'm looking to get a bit more mileage out of my Honda, I was installing an alternator switch to only function when the brake is applied however... I didn't notice until I doubled checked the schematic and didn't realize there is two Alternator wires on pin B5 being a white and yellow wire and b14 being a blue wire, I have a pm6 ecu. Can't find any description of them. I was using a relay that is excited through a toggle switch switching between normal operation and on only when brake is pressed.

I looked at the schematic involving the alternator but couldn't figure out what to use, my alternator has an internal regulator.

Please help me I was hoping this would be easy, I have one wire left to connect and I'm starting to wonder if I'm able to do this with few parts. I was looking to only get gains in city driving, would use alternator normally on freeway.

FIRST post but long time lurker and been checking out aerodynamics. Installed some campaign signs to the bottom of my car to replace the missing oem engine covers.

Thanks in advance for any help, Derek