Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
QRoe
Looking for info

Ford E350 Club Wagon - '92 Ford E350 Club Wagon
Hello!

Hi folks,
just joined a few minutes ago, but a longtime reader of the site. I just bought a 1992 Ford E350 XLT 15 passenger high-top van. It will be a tour van for our band (my wife and I, and several other guys, plus our two baby girls), and the best option we could find for everyone and their gear (that upright bass takes up a lot of space, as do the car seats).
Not the best mileage in the world, so I'm looking for any and all suggestions. I confess I don't know a lot about cars, but I am willing and interested in learning and trying new stuff. I've got experience as an unskilled machinist (non-CNC; vertical & horizontal mills, lathes, grinders, sanders, chop saws, etc. some welding, some painting) and access to shop and tools and friends with much more knowledge than myself.
I'm sure there are plenty of existing links out there already, so just point me in the right direction. Explanations on how things work and why they are beneficial are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance. I am excited for this new project and your input on it! -Quillan