View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethedethius View Post
I'm wondering what mods I can do to my Silverado to get the most bang for my buck. If you are going to say get a smaller car please don't post here. Looking for legit stuff I can do that seems almost seamless to the look of the truck...

I was thinking a grill block, but I want it to match the truck.
I was also thinking a partial underneath cover, possibly just covering the engine area... Would that help at all?
Yeah, a belly pan should buy you some benefit with almost no visible difference. Why only under the engine though? Why not the whole way?

Grill block can help some, but watch your temps to make sure you dont go too far.

Bed cover will help some too.

Driving mods are probably the biggest thing you can do for a big truck. Slow down on the highway and learn how to do the "driving without brakes" technique. Note: not literally driving without brakes, but rather minimizing use.

Some synthetic lubes (engine, tranny, axle) might be of some benefit too, as would low rolling resistance tires.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html