View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lethedethius
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Lethedethius Send a message via Yahoo to Lethedethius
Death, unfortunately I moved from Houston about a year ago. I live in Columbus, OH now... where it's freezing my butt off. I miss Houston and I'm desperately trying to get back, but looking to transfer within the Army or get a Civil Service job there... I like guaranteed work...

I want to start with just an engine underbelly tray to try to get the hang of doing stuff... I'm not even sure what material I should use. Can you explain why maximizing sidewalls will help gas mileage? I've always thought 36psi is great.. comfortable... Bed liners are expensive, so I'm not sure about that, at this point and time.

I'm was looking and there are two separate grill pieces, I'm thinking of blocking just one to allow some ambient air to cool the radiator and transmission cooler...

I think I understand what you mean by using the brakes wisely, almost like the whole hyper milling technique... I try to coast to stops and just tap my brakes rather than slam on them. Same brakes from 2004 still... about time to change them haha.

I'm doing this to save money, would putting synthetic oil really maximize anything to the point of saving money? Regular Oreilly oil is about 3 bucks, synthetic can run about 10 a quart. Would I get that back between oil changes?