View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
jime57
Master EcoModder

OurInsight - '06 Honda Insight
Thanks Jim

Thanks for the bike article. I read about half of it and intend to study it in more detail, but I'm a bit under the weather.

It was particularly interesting that he identified the cold weather effect similar to one I identified by rolling my Insight downhill from my house. I still haven't fully digested his discussion of the variability of Crr but I'll back to it.

I still think that in your case, ambient temperatures for your otherwise well controlled coast downs may have been a problem.

I think I kinda misspoke my question about the tail. I was simply asking if your fuel logs could be analyzed to give a fairly decent measure of fuel economy improvement. I know it isn't the way you wanted to go at the analysis, but it would be helpful to all of us if you did the analysis - which wouldn't be very difficult. Problem with someone else trying to do that analysis is that we don't actually know when the tail was on and when it was off. Of course, there may be other changes which will have distorted the data. Just asking