View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Ok Lets start off. I was using acetone when I started logging my fuel here. It was my second tank with acetone (my first tank here) The tanks previous to these on ecomodder where 17.8mpg to 18.9mpg !!! Needless to say I was annoyed. SO I dropped in the acetone. The very next tank (first in ecomodder) was 21.58 Next tank was similar then it started jumping to 23mpg 24mpg. It dipped to 21 again but I went up into the mountains (hazleton) so 21mpg is pretty impressive for that trip. LOTS of massive hill climbs etc..

My best tank yet 25mpg. NOW I stopped using acetone. The very next tank 19.57 and this was ideal driving. NO city driving issues. Just from work to home to work and back and 1 2.2 mile trip to the pharmacy (it was raining so I did not walk) IE the economy should have been quite high here its my most efficient driving. I only dip lower when I add in other trips (mall shopping movies etc..)

I will run the next 2 tank no acetone as well and see what happens. This afternoon on my way back to work I will fill up again (over 100 miles will have been driven by then) and then to the same again Saturday when I come to work.

When I come to work again next week and fill up I will start introducing the acetone again. I will also start measuring it. (I usually just pour a seat of the pants amount into a funnel. I will do 1.5 ounces per 10 gallons.