View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shepherd777
Grand Imperial Poobah

Thanks for the replies.

It's not really practicable to tether it to tie downs. Could you imagine the conversation with the industrial complex landlord? "Hi. I'd like to dig some holes in your asphalt, pour wet concrete in there, and install hooks into them to tie down my trailer"....

We can't really fill the trailer with water, weights, etc., as there is no loading dock at my shop, and we will be hauling real freight with it while testing. So I couldn't have it full of ballast, and then pick-up a hot load first thing next morning. The trailer needs to be empty while parked.

The tractor is not done yet, so we cannot couple it to the trailer to prevent blow-over. I am pretty sure it would not have blown-over with the tractor attached, even though the tractor has full skirts just like the trailer.

I don't think the trailer would have blown over without the skirts.

Each skirt panel has a full-length piano-hinge on top. But again, it's not really practicable to remove the skirts, or even raise them while parked. That would take hours to do that each time.

I think my only solution is getting a new parking place and park it adjacent to a large building to mitigate the wind.

Last edited by Shepherd777; 12-27-2011 at 10:22 PM..