View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Photonfanatic
EcoModding Lurker

Hi all, new here

Just got my first good gas mileage getting car. A 2009 toyota yaris. I'm quite impressed with its miserly 33Mpg city, and 38MPG highway fuel mileage. Pretty good for a non hybrid, straight gasoline car if I do say so. I am really impressed with the amount of interior space that you get, with that kind of gas mileage. To me, the car really is a feat of engineering.

But anyway, I wanted to see if there are any typical mods to the Yaris, that are well known. Ecomods, that is. I was reading some other page on this site that attempts to list most of the common mileage mods. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to lower the car about an inch in the front, and perhaps 1.25 inches in the back. Should give it the look I want since it sits a little higher in the back, and help with mileage. But what else? I was also thinking of those E3 spark plugs, and maybe a less restrictive exhaust system IF its not going to sound like a weed eater like the rest of those 4cyl hot rods. Its starting to seem like you can get a good flowing exhaust these days without too much noise. Flowmaster is making some kind of new muffler called the hushpower that is supposed to be quiet but flow as well as straight pipe would. Is there anything else that I should know about for the Yaris?