View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
User
EcoModding Lurker

Car - '00 Peugeot 406 HDi 110
Car Washing eco style

For those looking to take their car washing to eco extremes I've just finished my first wash of my car (it only gets them once a year) using a steam cleaner.

In a word, WOW, these things eat through all the grime. Even the oil coated front wheels (euro diesel FWD thing) were no match. All the bugs implanted in the front grille and bumper were similarly lifted without effort, saps from tress needed a little rubbing but came of without any chemicals. I was a bit hesitant on the windows but the instructions for the cleaner said it was fine if you didnt spray too close and like the bugs on the bumper all the splotches came straight off.

And now for the shocking bit, cleaning the entire exterior including the wheels, windows, and rails used under 1L of water (and a chunk of electricity). No chemicals, just water and a towel.

I bought an entry level brand name unit, its in a plastic housing a little smaller than a vacuum machine and has a hose out to the changeable hand pieces. Well worth the investment even before I discovered its power on the car.