View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Photonfanatic
EcoModding Lurker

Yeah I saw this page:

Looks like a lot of good info in there. Now I just gotta convince the wife to let me start doing this stuff to our car. Oh and its a 4 door sedan, automatic. Over at the yaris forums, the general consensus seems to be that the 4 door sedans get better mileage than the hatchbacks due to lighter weight. But the standards can get roughly 1MPG better than the automatics.

I also own a 1987 Chevy Silverado that one day, I'll be swapping the 5.7L V8 for the much newer and much more fuel efficient 5.3L LS V8. Old truck will need a new engine someday anyway, and this swap has been known to yield all the way up to 8 miles per gallon. My other ride is a 1994 Mustang GT, which of course will only see power mods that if they help MPG, well that's good I guess. LOL Although I can say, that I don't want any of the power mods to really hurt MPG either. It gets low enough as it is, at 18MPG. Its nice to know that when I lower it though, I'm actually helping its fuel efficiency.

But those two vehicles can really only go so far. The yaris on the other hand, can go to new heights.