View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Photonfanatic
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
True to a point, but do we all need gasoline cars? just like we don't all need pickup trucks or 15 passenger vans, of course there are time that those vehicles are great to borrow and I know a number of people who don't own a car at all but they do borrow or belong to a car share program for those times that they do need to haul a months worth of groceries or a truck to haul a new couch or bed.
Many people are like me though, and are always doing one thing or another that requires a truck bed. I'm always doing some home project, hauling the dog to get a bath, or something. But that's why I just bought an older truck that I really don't drive all that often unless I need the truck bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmiller100 View Post

So, back to electric. Perception is my range is limited to less then 300 miles in a day. Which means if I want to go visit grandma who lives in the next state, I need to go borrow someone else's car to get there.

So, pickup/bus/van/motorcycle/ Electric Car all means I need ANOTHER, normal car.

If I am going to have a normal car, The EV becomes a bit of a tough sale.
Yeah that is why I wonder why tesla can come up with electric cars that go 300 miles, but others can't. The tesla roadster goes something like 300 miles, but its kind of a special case cause it practicality for everyday use isn't all that great. Its just a toy. But they are developing that 4 door luxury sedan right? They claimed it would go 250 miles which is more than enough. Plenty of gasoline luxury sedans would need refueling at that point. And its a 4 door with a nice trunk. I would probably buy one if they could make it to production.

Last edited by Photonfanatic; 01-02-2012 at 11:19 PM..