View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
thx712517
2011 Honda Civic LX

Honda - '11 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 28.85 mpg (US)

Fit - '17 Honda Fit LX
The tires are currently set at 35 PSI. When I get home this evening I'll bring them up to 40 and see how it goes. They're rated for 44, so that'll give me a little leeway for peace of mind.

The driver needs work. I remember doing some tests a long time ago on the highway, looking at the difference in going the posted limit and going 5-9 MPH over. As I recall it made a noticeable difference in my efficiency, and it wouldn't be the most difficult thing in the world to change.

The 2011 Civic Hybrid's rear spoiler (which is what I would use on my own car) is a small lip on the edge of the trunk. Not a huge wing or anything like that. My mentality as far as modifications go is that whatever's on the Civic Hybrid is probably going to be beneficial on my LX. The front air dam is the same on both cars, and it curves around quite a bit to shield the front wheels from airflow. Airdam/deflector in one piece, as it were. I ordered up some rear tire leading edge deflectors that are on the Hybrid that aren't on my car, so we'll see how those go. There are also some trailing edge pieces I could add. Maybe next paycheck.

The big purchase I'm working towards will be completing the car's underbody panels. I'm intending to focus on improving aerodynamics over the next few months and working on my driving skills.