View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I don't agree with that statement, I haven't talked to anyone who likes the governments involvement in GM and I think I have more friends then most people who like electric cars and who have electric cars.
What I don't like is "news" stories that ignore facts, people who own the Volt seem to like it and feel that it was worth spending the money on and worth waiting for and from what I've read there aren't any reasons why people don't like it, aside from cost and fear mongering.
Okay, but I know some folks who would agree with governemnt "sponsorship" of the Volt (incentives, subsidies, purchases, etc.) because they feel like EV's such as the Volt are an important step towards a cleaner environment as well as greater energy security. In addition, they feel like it's the government's role to promote those 2 things. That's what I meant by folks who like the Volt viewing the government involvment more positively.

Also, keep in mind that this article was in Yahoo Finance, so I think the designation of "Flop" had more to do with the business side of the car (cost, sales, marketing--including public perception, etc.) than the technical performance of it.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html