View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Everett
EcoModding Lurker

Better fuel efficiency and less wear

Hello guys and gals.
I have been reading threads here for quite some time and I really like how you guys take existing tech,put a slight spin on an idea and realize some promising results. Auto manufacturers really should pay attention.
Anyways I am not an Eco-moder however I do want to consume less fuel in my carb'd gas equipment at work as well as save fuel in my vehicles.
I have read quite a bit about acetone mixed in the fuel. I have been adding roughly an ounce per 10 liters of fuel and my compressor at work lasts about an hour longer since. Now is there maybe a ratio for max fuel efficiency and has anyone tested it enough to know the ratio.
2 stroke oil also seems according to my mechanic to lessen wear in the cylinder. Now does anyone have any experience with this. I have been using 2 ounces per 10 liters in the same fuel for my gas equipment at work and like I posted,less fuel consumption.
So now to my vehicles and fuel injection. Is there a ratio to use that is o2 sensor safe. I have unlimited amsoil dominator 2 stroke oil. It's ashless and supposed to burn ultra clean. So I guess I am asking if anyone has any experience with any of these ideas.
I appreciate any responses. If you guys have any ideas I am all ears. Now I don't want to get inside the motors and make adjustments. I just want to know if any on the shelf products can help in this regard.
I know going thinner oil is supposed to help fuel economy however my motors are tortured and thinner isn't an option.
Thank you