View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Green Myst
EcoModding Lurker

The red sections are locations for the more rigid components of Vetter Alcan Fairing and Vetter Streamliner designs. The green sections are more reconfigurable. These will all probably be done in a combination of aluminum, Coroplast, clear marine vinyl, and an Inherently Fire Retardant (IFR) stretchy fabric.

I am starting in the middle of the bike with the ergonomics. I am lowering the seat, making a seat back, and will be positioning the handlebars back and seeing how far my control cables will go.

I'll also be mounting my luggage behind me, and a boom mic stand that can be used to support stretch fabric for the tail in road mode, or material to keep the elements off me.

Once I know where the handlebars will end up, I plan to use Craig's trick to rotate them behind a fully fixed fairing, since that is how the KLR is setup anyway. I'll add fog lights, maybe pull in my turn signals, make a window for all my lights, add a fork brace, and drop the front fender just above the front wheel.

So far, I am the least sure about the design covering the front wheel. That will probably be skinned with stretchy fabric and among my last sections to tackle anyway.

Last edited by Green Myst; 01-08-2012 at 06:12 PM..