Thread: Eco-Unfriendly
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #53 (permalink)
Enki
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm kind of surprised that there isn't some way to make it work with either coatings or oil or something; my high pressure pump internals (positive displacement type pump) has a diamond like coating which pretty much prevents anything from even wearing it a few microns thinner. Technology has come a long way, and I'd really like to believe there's an answer other than "no, you can't do that," even if it isn't monetarily feasible.

Oh, and the k04 is far from worthless, just can't hang on the topend is all. I was blowing the tires off with 20 psi on pure e85, but oil seepage was locking up the high pressure pump internals so I can only run 50/50 mix of e85 and 91 now (well, I COULD run pure e85, but I'd be rebuilding the high pressure pump every 20 miles or so).

Ethanol is a hell of a fuel, and I want to go back to using it, maybe even build a high-compression motor to leverage it better (for more power and mileage). The Mazda community I frequent will likely find that answer; just a matter of time.