View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #232 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
LP gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbywan View Post
Sounds like fun Phil. I'm getting ready to go to an RV show in Indio on Monday, but I can't wait to get back and get on the Aero RV again. After I finish the belly pans and get the wheel fairings done and do some work to the front end, I'm going to try some propane injection with the 7.3 diesel.
Do you have any experience or knowledge of that? How about you slowmover, or anyone? I've already got propane on board, all I have to do is add the regulator and the hose. I've talked to several guys with big class A's that swear they get a solid 10 to 15% with it. I'm running around 16 to 17mpg now, if I can get a little out of the improvements still in the works and then add another 10% on top of that, I'd be RV'n in tall cotton! Still shooting for the big two zero!!
M.R.Sharkey's VW Diesel Rabbit Pusher-type range-extender trailer has propane injection.
I believe he recycled a used BBQ grille LP regulator and orifice to make his.I don't have that material with me,but you could GOOGLE his project.I don't recall him mentioning specific mpg results,but I don't trust my memory.I believe Sharkey has email contact info at his site.You might be able to bounce questions off him.
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
orbywan (01-11-2012)