View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #5435 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I am added a help command to the software so you can figure how to use each command, and understand it. You can also now edit a variable called "max-current", which strangely enough is the maximum current at full throttle. If you want a granny mobile, set it to 100. haha. If you want it to blow up, set it to 2000. I ain't nobody's pappy, sep'n my sons.
FINALLY! ive been wanting this feature for a long time. I kept bugging fran, but he hasn't had time to work on it. How are you mapping the 2000A to the 9 bit loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Also, for now overcurrent sets a fault until the pedal is lifted all the way.

I'm also making the hardware overrev protection enabled by default. I've tested it on one motor, and I'll check my new crappy motor. I'll also be checking the minimum pwm required for some amps to go through, and also the minimum current required for the mtoor to start spinning. Then I'll assume the rest of the motors in the world are the same. haha. It would be nice to get a collection of values.

I think overrev protection hasn't been used much, and part of the reason is peopje just don't know the commands, and how to use the commands, and don't know what they mean. So I also changed the command names so they are very intuitive. Also, to stop rtd-period from scrolling, now you just hit any key. Before you had to type "rtd-period 0" while it was still scrolling by, and it was really awkward.

The help feature is this:

help <command>

Then it walks you through the syntax, an example of the usage, the meaning of it, and what units the number is in that goes with the command.
The help thing seems great! BUT! changing commands and how the RTD-function works is a major letdown. RTD-Explorer will no longer work without the RTD string always active. and it will not be able to talk to the controller with different commands.

You are a MURDERER for you have killed RTD Explorer!!

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com