View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
Well, this is an easy one....
first, back to your snarky statement about the invention of the lamp prior to the computer.
DUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
I can appreciate snarky comments being repaid in kind.

Quote:
This may surprise you, part of the computer design of the headlamp is not just about the brightest light the farthest, but about the 'suitability'(for lack of a better word) of the light in front for the human eye. There is a science to making sure that when the human eye is looking down a dark road it is not being strained by looking into a light pattern that is insuffcient or too bright...
Agreed, and quoted because this is important for people to know.

Quote:
...THe reason leds get a pass is because only in the last couple of years (thank you audi) have leds been of a high enough quality to be maid into driving lights.
(DUHHGHHHHHHHHH)
To clarify, we are not concerned with improper use of LEDs in headlights because they haven't been around very long?

Quote:
There is a great forum, hidplanets.com that is all about hid and PROPER installation of hid systems.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Quote:
While I appreciate a good intulectual give and take of ideas, you need to try working thru the questions before hand...
As do I. Even if we don't agree at the end of the day, I do appreciate having my ideas challenged.

Quote:
Finally, show me one picture where someone did the install and took a picture on the wall before and after. They always take the picture of the front of the car!!!!
Good suggestion. If I remember, I will take before/after pics of my motorcycle and open myself up to criticism.

Back to the topic, I would be very interested to see LED headlights in action using the photo method described by mcrews.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 01-18-2012 at 04:24 PM..