View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010civic View Post

It is an auto engine that runs on air. That's right; air not gas or diesel or electric but just the air around us.
My electric car runs on electrons and electrons are all around us too, just like air, the trick is capturing those electrons and making them do the work I want and with an "air car" as has already been pointed out, it's really an air battery that is charged by electricity via an electric compressor.

Quote:

The Air Car, called the "Mini CAT" could cost around 365,757 rupees in India or $8,177 US.

The Mini CAT which is a simple, light urban car, with a tubular chassis, a body of fiberglass that is glued not welded and powered by compressed air. A Microprocessor is used to control all electrical functions of the car. One tiny radio transmitter sends instructions to the lights, turn signals and every other electrical device on the car. Which are not many.
It also weighs around 1,200 pounds, not because of the engine, but because it's a light plastic car that has a top speed of 60mph.

Quote:

The temperature of the clean air expelled by the exhaust pipe is between 0-15 degrees below zero, which makes it suitable for use by the internal air conditioning system with no need for gases or loss of power.
Perfect for India, where the winter lows are around 50F and you have hot summers, so I assume that -15F is the temp in the winter when the air tank is 50F, so a 65F drop in temp is not bad and is even kind of nice in the summer, but at my house today it's 2F outside because of our nice winter weather, so I would assume that because we pulled the same amount of energy out of that compressed air that it's going to cool the same amount, right? so negative 60F exhaust and this morning it would have been negative 75F exhaust... at what point does the engine oil turn in to a solid mass and my engine and exhaust become so cold that it shatters?