View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
2010civic
EcoModding Lurker

Smile Really learning from everyone,,,very appreciated

Thanks for all the good advice. This morning when I started for work I did not let my car warm up as much (20 degrees outside). I made very smooth acceleration to final gear. Stayed about 2200 for first three gears and then about 1900 for 4 an 5. I slowed to 65 MPH on the four lane today but went slower on the two lanes when I had to. I made long coast going to the stop signs. I have just a few turn offs but instead of 65 I went 60 and just cancelled the cruise and coasted to the stop sign. I cancel instead of tapping brakes. My car likes that. My UG should be here today according to the tracking info from the seller. I could have made all 5 days this week but I would have been dry. It took 9.6 gallons and my tank is suppose to be 13.2. I chickened out. Too far to walk if I am wrong. And I only have one leg so walking is out. I do have a prosthetic though to help.

Thanks again. I'll post some results from my UG and Civic this weekend and of course next week as my new destiny is hypermiling. Any other Civic drivers out there?