View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...4_145140-1.jpg

Here you go. You can see the lever that shuts off the air flow through the snorkel in front of the housing, also the opening at the bottom that went to the tube to the exhaust manifold.

Incidentally, the same model Z car also had cooling lines running to the intake manifold itself to use engine coolant to warm up the manifold.

Heck even my 1937 Ford had a passageway through the intake manifold that used exhaust gas to heat the manifold right under the carburetor.

The latest developments in fuel injection combine superheated fuel with 200 bar pressure injectors to achieve truly homogeneous mixture of the fuel and air in the cylinders. The result is emissions clean enough to eliminate the catalytic converter altogether. In the end you will see fuel injection evolve into a system that ensures the air and fuel molecules are perfectly distributed in the combustion chamber just prior to ignition, without any necessity for a spark to ignite the mixture. Even diesels would benefit from the same technology, and Argonne labs is actually working right now on an engine that uses a combination of gas and diesel fuel.

We will see 60% thermal efficiency in IC engines. The problem is the great variations in load encountered in normal operational scenarios makes such an accomplishment extraordinarily difficult.

It's one of the most basic premises of my in wheel hydraulic design, which eliminates all but the most ideal engine operational parameters which makes true homogeneous combustion much easier to accomplish. They are already there today as I write this post.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (01-21-2012)