View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassem View Post
As far a rear wheel skirts go, the rear bumper actually starts closer to the center of the car that the outside of the tire. A skirt would also have to extend the width of the bumper. Ideas?
On my Probe I put a couple scraps of coroplast behind the bottom of the skirt to space it out a bit.

Don't use duct tape on the paint- blue painters tape might work well enough if you use long enough segments.

Here is a rear skirt prototype I almost did but didn't know how to attach it at the time. I really don't care about how bad the car looks so I used duct tape for the final version.

The elegance of this setup is that it keeps attached flow all the way back instead of breaking directly to the rear of the wheel arch. You could even overlap this with your boattail. Anyway, I look forward to seeing your mods. If you like you can take a peek at the Probe in its current state when you get to Detroit

Also consider making a belly pan out of large coroplast sheets or some sort of metal sheet. You can attach it to the frame using existing holes.