View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Olympiadis
oldschool

White2003Focus - '03 Ford Focus SE 4-door sedan
Team Ford
90 day: 38.53 mpg (US)

White2001S10pickup - '01 Chevy S10 extended cab LR
Last 3: 24.51 mpg (US)

1989DodgeOMNI - '89 Dodge Omni
Last 3: 30.38 mpg (US)

1991ChevyC1500pickup - '91 Chevy C1500
Last 3: 24.03 mpg (US)

White1986Irocz - '86 Chevy Irocz LB9
Last 3: 30.14 mpg (US)

1999 C5 Corvette - '99 Chevy Corvette

2008 Infinity G37 - '08 Infinity G37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb View Post
Well said! If people don't like it (or their research shows otherwise), they don't have to have one. As for me, it seems like an easy decision to have one, and it doesn't look fancy in the least.

not well said at all
new cars that meet SULEV emissions for HC Hydro Carbon emit less than 1 lb of HC per 100k miles
your tampering substantially increases your system's HC emissions way beyond that and
provides zero benefit to you

a loose loose modification

the goal here is
improvement of fuel economy without increasing emissions

the goal is not

increasing emissions and reduction of fuel economy ,
which is what your modification does
Perhaps you should start your own forum where instead of modification and testing, you have a policy of non-tampering, and instead encourage folks to not mess with their vehicles and just take them in for dealer service to restore them back to factory spec.
Imagine how happy you would be then.

You could remain in a world where your members goals were exactly the same as your goals, instead of this horrific world where people are happy doing things differently.

First off you should be embarrassed for being such a know-it-all and bringing such negativity to a forum that should be friendly to posting individuals modifications and results. You have more info to add that might be helpful? fine. I'm sure no one minds that at all.

Second, you give advice in what seems like absolute commands. For instance saying that using a catch-can is bad, period. Perhaps you should offer to fund the engine rebuilds for those who read your post so that what you suggest isn't advocating false economy. If you take an extra minute to imagine, the production of engine replacement parts, engine tear-down and rebuilding, and the acquirement of the funds to do so is about infinitely worse for the environment than filtering out a small amount of contaminants from a PCV line. This is not to mention the fact that not everyone is obsessed with emissions levels and may only be interested in economy, convenience, efficiency, or reliability.

I really didn't want this to be so personal, but this kind of routine is getting very old. Seriously. It is very discouraging.
People posting there exploits here may not be 100% correct about everything every time, but I don't think verbally beating them down is much of a help.

You will no doubt try to defend or counter now. Personally I have no interest whatsoever. Have at it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olympiadis For This Useful Post:
hat_man (07-16-2013), j12piprius (05-27-2018)