View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Electictracer
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Electictracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by low&slow View Post
Hi Electictracer, Thank you! I'm glad to help others as I have helped by others here. This a great forum full of very smart and accomplished people who also are very generous in sharing their knowledge and experience.

Do you have an electric vehicle or an eclectic one? Are you going to ride in the Northwest Vetter Challenge on 6/1/2012?

Still raining here so further testing is postponed for a few more days. I talked with Alan Smith about the gearing and he has 39 and 37 tooth sprockets to try out.
Sendler, I used the GearCommander to check the effect the 33T rear would have and appears it may be feasible ( 6500@70 mph) , particularly if I can reduce the aero drag enough to allow decent acceleration.
best wishes L&S
Ive done a bit of work with electric bikes, but nothing really road worthy. My current project is a one seat tracer like vehicle with a ninja 250r donor. I just started building and I'm documenting progress on the forum. I would like to go electric some day if prices go down.

As for the challenge, I wont have a working vehicle by then, but might ride my buell up there to check it out if its not to far away in Washington.