View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Sendler,
I really like this thread on the CBR250R, thanks for keeping it going. I've been following it's introduction and rider discussions since about this time last year and it really appears to be turning out to be a well sorted bike.

Hondas new philosophy of championing fuel efficiency and utility in motorcycles is a key attribute that has been lost on motorcycledom in the last 30 or so years. This could be a real winner for Honda in terms of reputation and product success.

I'm particularly interested in your claims of weather protection on the little CBR. Sitting on one, it didn't appear to have much of any protection for the rider at all, but I'm used to the Concours which as some of the best weather protection of any production bike ever produced. Do you think some deflectors would be easy to fabricate to increase protection to the hands, chest and legs/feet? Possibly a large windscreen as well? What are you doing that leads you to say it has good protection? I'm 6'1" and 185, maybe dimensions play a part?

I'm looking to buy a CBR and have two possible courses of action. 1. Keep it relatively stock and increase the weather protection. I'm seeing it as a test bed for producing accessories if there is demand. 2. Get a lightly crashed one and cut/weld in an Alligator low seating position with significant aerodynamic improvements, prolly just a one-off for myself.

Just considering which course of action will be best depending on the circumstances that present themselves. The CBR is a winning platform and further developing this bike seems like a logical way to go.
HHOTDI (02-07-2012)