View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
alvaro84
Master EcoModder

Teresa - '04 BMW F650CS
Motorcycle
90 day: 80.53 mpg (US)

The YARDIS - '99 Toyota Yaris 1.0
90 day: 59.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The under seat fuel tank may seem like a good idea to someone but it is a complete deal breaker for any solo touring rider who would want a pack on the passenger seat. How do these bikes get so heavy? 470 pounds is more that the Ninja650. Too bad as this would be a great fuel efficient engine for those that find the CBR250R too small. I applaud Honda for their continued vision toward offering fuel efficiency in their efforts to promote motorcycles as a viable means of daily transportation.
Seems a very interesting bike to me. I'd gladly try one. My only complaint is the weight. I really don't understand why it is so heavy. It's a good F650CS replacement other than that, has a place for a small pack without any extra too - a feature I've been missing on new bikes since the CS was discontinued.

And I'm really curious about real life FE of these bikes - both with basic users and hypermilers. I'm aware it won't ever catch a 125 with manual trans, but I'd like to compare it to my similarly strong (but definitely lighter) and practical thumper or a modern 250 like yours.

Last edited by alvaro84; 01-23-2012 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: since, dammit... I hope it makes sense now...