Thread: Hi from Hungary
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
radics1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Is that your A4 with the 350hp gasser still it, right?
On the pic,it is with the gasser,yes,last summer,before engine swap.

Re: larger injectors - if you only swap them without reprogramming the ECU, then they may inject more fuel. If you are getting larger flow them it should be for a shorter duration. Though I'm not sure whether the injector swap would save you enough fuel it be worth while.

TDIs respond well to changes like that,althrough the ECU can be also adapted to such changes via VAG-COM.

My 1.6 HDi also comes in 90hp and 110hp versions, the weaker getting slightly lower fuel economy, one of the reasons may be that it doesn't have an intercooler (diesels like a warm engine and cold intake air both for FE and power). I once saw a test where just adding an IC raised the power from 90 to ~100hp, while the other 10hp came from reprogramming the ECU to account for cooler air.

For me,the major diffences between 90 and 110HP version are bigger nozzles,VNT turbo with higher pressure.

But if you'd be fiddling with the ECU anyway then might as well do an eco-remap.
On the pic,it is with the gasser,yes,last summer,before engine swap.

TDIs respond well to changes like that,althrough the ECU can be also adapted to such changes via VAG-COM.

For me,the major diffences between 90 and 110HP version are bigger nozzles,VNT turbo with higher pressure.