View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Thanks both of you for your ownership reports. It's wet here 9 months of the year so weather protection is an issue. A weather deflector for the feet/legs seems like a good idea as well as a larger and wider windscreen. Narrower bars should help as the bike is light and not too much leverage is needed. Can the existing bars just be cut narrower or is there another bar setup offered yet?

I would also consider lowering the rear suspension an inch or two, it would slow the steering some and reduce the forward lean a little as well. As I'm aging, the racer leg position might become an issue on longer rides in summer. I will need to be sure I can fab up a peg reposition bracket to put them forward a couple of inches. Or maybe just highway pegs inside the weather enclosure.

Kinda wish they would've introduced a motard or adventure or "urban assault" variant of this bike.

The closed loop FI is a big plus. The open loop FI on many bikes seems just plain senseless. Why have the variable mixture control capabilities of FI and not use it to optimize output?

The mpg numbers you both are posting are quite good and I would likely beat what my 200 is doing on my commute. Guessing 85 mpg or so. I do 10 miles at about 45mph and 20 miles at about 60. Two or three stops. It's a pretty optimal commute for mpg. The 200 is tapped out going up steep freeway hills at 60 with the really tall gearing, so it's just enough to get the job done. The CBR would accomplish this same commute with nary a sweat.

Last edited by beatr911; 01-24-2012 at 01:18 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to beatr911 For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (02-07-2012)