View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Josh8loop
Definately a Modder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G. View Post
Maybe I missed something in someone else's post, but my catch can was installed in the hose between the PCV and intake manifold, just below the carby.
The whole thing was under manifold vacuum, there was no "venting", there was nothing "expelled to atmosphere", it simply separated the heavier stuff from the lighter stuff before it reached the manifold. I then drained this heavier stuff off, when the engine was stopped.

The only down side I can see is that I may have been removing a bit of lubrication for the valve stems.

This is exactly how I imagined a person would want to hook it up too. Mine is hooked up in this fashion except it's a Cyclonic separator instead of the standard catch can. If you don't have the effluent air from the catch can going into the intake it's dumping HC overboard as mentioned-unless you have a superd high tech specially designed filtration setup.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...=306799&page=4