View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Ultra-Orange
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
still no luck on a new engine. however I DID find a local source for 4' x 8' sheets of coroplast. Cost was a bit steep($25 per sheet), but its a smaller locally owned shop so I don't mind paying a little extra.

Made a stage 2 prototype gauge cover for the LCD screen/GPS out of coroplast, set the screens back further so the cover overhangs them about 2" to combat them reflecting on the windscreen during night driving.

Started on my Kamback. A sudden weather snap caught me unawares so my Cardboard supply was destroyed. Having a pretty good clue how I wanted things to work I ended up making my phase1 prototype out of Coroplast. I started with a 39" wide bit for the center piece then fastened on wing pieces at about a 12 degree angle.

after measuring about a 12 degree angle for the center piece I trimmed the wings

and started with the duct tape treatment!

Some more trimming. some more duct tape, and shes looking pretty good.

Here you can see the horrible seams and what was supposed to be gently curved edges. We will have to see how she looks after a little finessing.

The trailing edge on the wings left much to be desired. but are pretty much flat with the center piece so I can enclose the whole thing if I decide to.

As I was snapping the last pic my grandson arrived for the evening so setting up the rear-view camera and tuft testing will have to wait.

Last edited by Ultra-Orange; 01-28-2012 at 06:37 PM..